Nosey Sunday with Malcolm and Margaret RittmanSunday 1 st September, 2.30pm
Woodlea, The Street, Martlesham IP12 4RG
Come and visit us and find out a little more of how we are working to protect the environment, as well as developing an eco house. If you pass the Red Lion on the left, you will see the recreation ground on the right. Park in there and walk across the road to the mustardy coloured house where you’ll find us. If you get lost phone Malc on 07825005000.
Annual Members Gathering & AGMSaturday 21 st September, 3.30pm
Earl Stonham Village Hall, Forward Green, IP14 5HJ
Our chance in the year to get together, be proud of our home grown goods, and chat over some grub!
- 3.30pm - Open to bring your items for produce show. Closes 4.30pm. Here's a recipe for boiled fruit cake.
- 4.30pm - A talk from Katy Runacres, Wild Learning Officer for Carlton Marshes Nature Reserve. Hear about the work of the Suffolk Wildlife Trust and their new project including habitat management, community engagement and a new visitor centre! Followed by a Q & A.
Judging during talk by Adam Paul, well known agricultural persona and official judge for various shows.
5.15pm - AGM, followed by communal food of cold meats, jacket potatoes, salads and desserts!
Please tell Wendy (Secretary) if you can bring a salad or dessert for our communal meal. Email: email@example.com
We put on as many workshop and experiences as possible so our members can develop new skills and discover potential hobbies. Previous events have included:
- Woodland Management
- Pig & Lamb Butchery Course
- Sheep Shearing and Husbandry
- Nosey Sundays
- Apple Pressing
- Paddock Maintenance (including fencing)
- Tractor and Machinery Maintenance
- Spinning Wool & Fleece